Well, let me offer a little guidance to ensure you receive the best international moving company in Ft. Lauderdale.
- Obtain five moving quotes from international movers. Consider their experience, industry affiliations, licensing and insurance coverage.
- Pin down your destination address ASAP. This will help with determing the amount of items you will need to ship. Also find out the access points to your new home. Are there stairs, elevator etc.?
- Allow your moving company to handle your packing. The journey is going to be a long one. It is necessary to have your items professionally packed so they’re secure for the entire trip.
- Have your important papers(i.e. birth certificates, social security cards, identification cards…)readily available.
- Contact your new country’s embassy to obtain information about successfully securing visas.
- Check with the consulate to gain insight on customs.
All of this information is necessary to make certain your transition is smooth. However, if you hire a reputable international mover in Ft. Lauderdale, they will provide you with a moving coordinator who will assist you with the entire moving process. Keep me posted on your progress.